Saturday, September 18, 2010

Macaroon Sculpture for Fashion Photography Event











Here are some pictures of a macaroon sculpture I made for the launch of "Fashion: The Story of a Lifetime" exhibition at The Empty Quarter Gallery in DIFC Gate Village. The sculpture was inspired by Frank Horvat's famous photograph in L'Officiel pictured below. This photograph is one among many at the exhibition. Make sure you check the exhibition out- it's on till mid October!
The picture quality of the sculpture is poor because I took the pictures from my phone- apologies.
It was the first time I made anything remotely like a design "installation" and it was the first time that I made a shaped structure out of food.. It was a wonderful experience, very challenging and exciting! Loved it! The best part was draping the lace and pearls around the sculpture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!